About HOPE Journey International
Acting Hope’s project, HOPE JOURNEY INTERNATIONAL, provides opportunities for women and youth from rural and disadvantaged communities to participate in programs focused on empowerment and the nurturing of physical, mental, and educational growth.
- It gives an opportunity to discover their purpose.
- It creates a platform to make a difference in their own community and empower individuals.
- Youth/individuals creates sustainable projects in their own communities to generate an income , create change, mentorship and further education of youths.
- The youth/individuals experience engagement with different cultures and countries.
Youths/individuals finding their purpose and bringing social change in their own communities.
It is a personal development program, which build young people’s self-esteem and confidence and provide them with an opportunity to learn new skills in leadership, team-work, decision-making, problem-solving, communication, empathy development, negotiation, report-writing, presentation skills, event management, interview skills, educational empowerment, life skills and more.
The HOPE JOURNEY INTERNATIONAL program aims to involve Youth/individuals in South Africa as well as Botswana, Namibia, Australia, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Nigeria, USA and the UK to become part of a 4-step program.
STEP 1: RECRUITMENT of YOUTH/INDIVIDUALS
STEP 2: TRAINING and SUPPORT of YOUTH/INDIVIDUALS
STEP 3: NATIONAL/PROVINCIAL JUDGING OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
STEP 4: INTERNATIONAL JUDGING OF COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Youth/individuals are impacting on their communities and by creating their own sustainable projects, supports their community in financial and social growth.
In South Africa we aim to recruit 100 Youths yearly to form part of the STEP 1 of the program. 30 of these sustainable projects will then be given the opportunity to compete on National/Provincial level(STEP 3) after completing STEP 2 of the program.
10 South African Youths/individuals will then complete STEP 4 and compete against other country delegates and have the experience of different cultures and country projects.
The International step of this program takes place yearly in Cape Town, hosted at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront supporting us in this project. The other International country delegates joins us in Cape Town where their projects are judged, they complete a Cape town community outreach, sightseeing and experience the tourist vibe of the VA Waterfront.
The Youths/individuals’ projects impacts more than 50 different communities in South Africa yearly, as well as overseas communities.
Rules And Regulations
The following are the official rules and regulations of HOPE JOURNEY INTERNATIONAL. Contestants must adhere to the following rules and regulations in order to participate in any category of HOPE JOURNEY:
- Contestant acknowledges that this is a Christian based competition.
- Contestant must be of good health & moral character.
- Contestant must never have been convicted of a felony crime.
- Contestant must never have nor will she during her affiliation with HOPE JOURNEY pose for any photography, video or film associated with nudity or pornography.
- Contestant must be a genetic born male or female as per category entered for.
- Contestant must be in the required age group of category entered for by June the following year. Under aged contestants must be accompanied by a chaperone at no cost to organisers.
- Contestants must be single and never given birth to a child for all categories excluding Ms Hope. Contestants for Ms Hope may be single, divorced or widowed, with or without children.
- Contestant must be a South African citizen.
- Contestant is subject to a non-refundable entry fee of R350 and if chosen as a finalist, a operational fee.
- Contestant to sign a delegate’s acceptance letter.
- Contestant understands that HOPE JOURNEY reserves the right to change the dates & location of the HOPE JOURNEY final event.
- Contestant is required to be involved with a charitable cause or community project.
- Contestants must attend the full three days of competition events. There will be interview judging, public speaking judging and evening wear judging, a Gala show along with team building.
- Absolutely NO revealing and “sexy” clothing will be allowed. Contestants will not be allowed to attend events or on stage in any attire that is found to be provocative.
- Any contestant and/or family member or guest of the contestant showing inappropriate behaviour will lead to the disqualification of the contestant.
- In the event of contestant withdrawing or disqualification for any reason, no refund can be given.
- The top contestants in each category will represent their province in the INTERNATIONAL competition.
- Contestants going through to NATIONAL level of competition will not be allowed to enter any other pageant or competition until the INTERNATIONAL crowning event that year.
- Contestant will permit HOPE JOURNEY and their licensees the right to use contestant’s photographs taken during pageant week for publicity purposes in connection with HOPE JOURNEY.
- Contestant will permit HOPEJOURNEY and their licensees to televise live or by use of film or videotape any portion or all of the competition.
- Contestant gives permission that all photographs and/or video of any appearances, endorsements, speaking engagements, acting roles, etc. resulting from winning or being a PROVINCIAL or NATIONAL contestant in HOPE JOURNEY can be publicized by HOPE JOURNEY for publicity purposes.
- If a contestant relinquishes, for any reason, any award or title given to her, all prizes, sash and crown awarded to her must be returned in the condition it was received.
- Prizes cannot be transferred for cash.
- All decisions of judges are final and irrevocable. No correspondence will be entered into.
These rules and regulations are subject to modification, as needed, without prior notice. Pageant reserves the right to make said modifications at its sole discretion.